Visiting Fellow, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington DC July 2015
US Army War College External Research Associate Grant 2014-2015.
- Initial results of the study presented at a panel discussion on India’s evolving nuclear policy and doctrine at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington DC in July 2015.
- Monograph titled “India’s Evolving Nuclear Force and Its Implications for US Strategy in the Asia Pacific” published by the Strategic Studies Institute, US Army War College in June 2016.
Defence Studies Department, King’s College London 2013-2014
ESRC International PhD Partnering Fellowship
The fellowship was sponsored by the Economic and Social Research Council on collaborative research between PhD scholars at King’s College, London and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper on India’s evolving relationship with the non-proliferation and disarmament regime at King’s India Institute.
- Gave a talk to King’s India Institute’s Grad Forum on rigor and challenges of conducting research on India’s international relations.
- Presented initial findings of my PhD research at the annual PhD research conference of the Defence Studies Department, King’s College London at Joint Services Command and Staff College, Shrivenham.
- Published articles in Survival and Comparative Strategy. A book length manuscript on India’s nuclear policy will be published by Orient Blackswan in 2017.
Sigur Centre for Asian Studies, George Washington University April-May 2013
The fellowship was sponsored by the Rising Powers Initiative at the Sigur Centre for Asian Studies.
- Presented a paper on “Mapping Trajectories of Indian Foreign Policy in the age of Strategic Flux” at the Sigur Centre for Asian Studies.
- Delivered a special lecture on current power flux in Asia-Pacific region and its impact on India-China relations at the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University.
- Formulated research strategy for an article on India’s responses to US pivot with fellowship supervisor at the Sigur Centre. The article was published by the Journal of Asian Security and International Affairs in 2016.
- Published a policy brief with fellowship supervisor at Sigur Centre for Asian Studies.
Other Awards and Fellowship
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) fellowship for Intensive Policy Course at CTBTO headquarters in Vienna from 14 July to 21 July 2012.
- US Department of Energy fellowship to attend an Intensive Policy Course on International Nuclear Safeguards at James Martin Centre for International Studies, Monterey, California from 4 June to 8 June, 2012.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Grant for Annual Symposium of Science and World Affairs at King’s College London (July 2011)
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) fellowship for Advanced Science Course at CTBTO headquarters in Vienna from 27 November to 10 December 2011.
- Defence Threat Reduction Agency (US Department of Defence) Fellowship to attend Wilton Park Conference on Bridging North–South gap in the non-proliferation treaty.
- Dutch Foreign Ministry’s fellowship for WMD studies at M.C Asser Institute, The Hague. (September 2010).
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Grant for Annual Symposium of Science and World Affairs at Hamburg (August 2010)
- Indian delegation to the Indo-US Young Scholars Dialogue on nuclear issues at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Washington D.C. ( April 2010).